Baghdad - INA
Prime Minister and Commander of the Armed Forces Mustafa Kadhimi, issued on Thursday, 12 directed the military and security leaders.
The media office of the Prime Minister said in a statement received by the Iraqi News Agency (INA), that "the Prime Minister, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Mustafa Al-Kadhimi, made a visit to the headquarters of the Joint Operations Command, and held a meeting with the security and military leaders," noting that "" Al-Kadhimi was briefed on the overall activities of our heroic armed forces in various arenas and the tasks assigned to them, and the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces listened to a briefing on the security situation presented by senior military leaders.
Al-Kadhimistressed, according to the statement, that "the responsibility that lies with the leaders and our security forces is a historical one," noting that "our heroic army performs multiple tasks represented in protecting borders and internal security, and pursuing terrorist cells.".
He referred to "the great challenges that the country has inherited since 2003, and we are still living their repercussions," stressing "working with all strength to protect the homeland and our people from all its spectrums from all dangers."
Al-Kadhimi stressed "the necessity of activating the accurate intelligence effort, and avoiding malicious information," stressing that "ISIS terrorist gangs are trying to exploit any loophole, any circumstances or challenges, and his sovereignty directed the security services to be on standby, and not to allow the enemy to have any foothold or exploit the circumstances.".
Al-Kadhimi stressed, "Working to protect the demonstrators in accordance with the constitutional and legal contexts, and to preserve public and private property."
At the conclusion of the meeting, the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Mustafa Al-Kadhimi, issued a number of directives to the military and security leaders, including:
1. Paying attention to the security forces with all their names, administratively and technically, and securing the fighters' daily requirements.
2. Securing fighters with equipment and armament to enable them to perform their combat duty in the face of terrorism in the best way, and securing their requirements, as well as raising the spirit of discipline among the fighters.
3. Humanitarian interaction based on sound military foundations by commanders with their subordinates, without prejudice to military discipline, In order to create a state of harmony, whether in peace or in combat.
4. Cooperation and coordination between the different types of security forces through the Joint Operations Command, To achieve security and stability, and to impose the authority of the state and the law.
5. The moral responsibility requires that we belong only to the homeland, and there is no place for subsidiary affiliations in the army, and every person has the right to have a religious or sectarian affiliation, but outside the military institution.
6. Pursuing the perpetrators of organized crime and the pursuit of crime and drug gangs, Because it is a scourge that threatens society in all its sects.
7. Intensify and unify the intelligence effort of all intelligence agencies and agencies, To eliminate ISIS terrorist gangs and strike their cells, and to continue the offensive approach based on accurate intelligence information.
8. Continuing to launch air strikes, according to accurate intelligence, on ISIS terrorist hideouts, and paralyze its movement.
9. Demonstration is a right guaranteed by the constitution, and the security forces must provide protection and prevent intruders.
10. The spirit of discipline is a very important issue, and the relationship between the officer and the soldier must be within the military contexts, and not within the populist relations, where we sometimes notice the high cost between the soldier and the officer.
11. We must focus on the spirit of solidarity and integration among the officers, and I ask for proposals to restore cohesion between the security forces, and we are ready to support you.
12. We direct the speedy restoration of all the infrastructure of our army, including barracks and housing for officers.