MOP: New statistics for the Iraqi population

  • 12-11-2018, 10:23
  • +A -A

    INA - BAGHDAD The Central Statistical Origination (CSO) announced in an official statement on Monday, the new statistics of the Iraqi population for 2018. CSO statistics show that the Iraqi population in 2018 reached 38.124.182 as the males recorded 19.261.253 which forms 51% of the total statistics number. On the other hand, females have recorded 18.862.929 which forms the other 49% of the total population. “Baghdad has recorded the highest in the number of population that reached 8.126.755 that forms 21% of the total,” the statement included. The statistics recorded that Nineveh was the second highest city that reached 10% of the population as Basra comes as the third highest city that recorded 8% of the population in the country. Muthana city has recorded the least percentage of the population that was only 2% reaching 814.371 of the total.         Edited by: Shahad J Hassan